- Visa Requirement: US Citizen
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer who works closely with development, test, analysis, and project management team members to understand the requirements that drive the design of quality technical solutions. The function of the DevOps team is to champion the collaboration and communication between development, test, and IT operations; to establish a culture where building, testing, and releasing software happens rapidly and frequently with minimal re-work; and to provision an accelerated evolution of the application, which is process improvement driven and utilizes metrics to increase the efficiency of the software development lifecycle.
DevOps Engineer will be principally responsible for the design and implementation of the continuous delivery pipeline, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated environment provisioning. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for developing the DevOps toolchain, working with a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be capable of installing CI/CD configuration management tools on RedHat OpenShift Platform.
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting a secure cloud DevOps platform based on industry standards, best practices, and guidelines.
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
- Effectively collaborate and maintain open communication, reaching across functional borders within the project team
- Ability to master a multitude of open-source platforms and cloud technologies, including containers (Docker, etc.)
- Establish and maintain containerization and change management infrastructure
- Perform platform design and implementation activities to support current and future application development, services-oriented integration, and technical and network engineering projects
- Experience with environment provisioning and operations management
- Familiarity and comfort with frequent, continuous testing
- Advanced knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment concepts (Jenkins)
- Proven data management experience and ability
- Maintain performance metrics and monitoring for microservices architecture and operations environment
- Demonstrate DevOps concepts to customers and team members
- Review engineering designs to make sure that the designs meet the contractual requirements
- Advocate for customers to ensure that proposals meet requirements from operational, functional, and financial perspectives
- Provide customer communications to manage expectations and schedule coordination
- Troubleshoot build failures, environment issues, and technical blockers with appropriate team members
- Define and maintain Configuration Management (CM) procedures and monitor adherence to CM procedures
- Ability to learn new technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and non-technical team members.
- This role required US Citizenship due to the security clearance requirements of the program
- Having the ability to qualify for or have an existing US Government Public Trust clearance is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in the IT industry.
- At least eight (8) years of experience managing diverse DevOps workloads, across infrastructure, administration, deployment, development support, and monitoring in an AWS Platform.
- At least six (6) years of experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible/Ansible Tower.
- At least (6) years hands-on experience in managing and deploying applications in a production environment.
- At least five (5) years of Linux administration experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing and deploying applications in Amazon Web Services
- At least five (5) years of experience working with containerization, orchestration, and service discovery experience on both Windows and Linux hosts, using docker and/or ECS.
- At least five (5) years of experience with GitLab or similar version control systems, including branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Knowledge of terraform or equivalent orchestration tools.
- Experience working with varied SQL, and NoSQL Databases.
- Experience configuring and deploying Java/J2EE applications.
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes