Successful candidate will provide website design, development, testing and support of a web-based portal for our Government client – CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services).
- Able to perform all aspects of the development cycle, including front-end and back-end development
- Commitment to clear and quality communications between team and client product managers
- Commitment to promoting a collaborative work environment with team members and customers
- Develop and maintain responsive high traffic web-sites with Acquia Drupal and akamai delivery network
- Commitment to delivery of quality products
- Maintenance and Security for composer libraries, Angular, and Drupal.
- Addressing 508/accessibility issues and delivering accessible solutions.
- Responsible for testing code to meet acceptance criteria, Browserstack experience a plus.
- Deployment to Github/Acquia cloud. Knowledge of best practices for Git tag management and development workflows.
- Write requirements and define user stories for Jira workflow
- Best practices with Drupal 8 configuration management
- Collaborate with the project manager and other developers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios, and work through permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Integrate new modules and development into other teams workflows and applications.
- Advocate for new or improved development practices that increase craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of our solutions.
- Entity API/Content Entity creation in Drupal 8 custom modules
- Form/Block API experience in Drupal 8 custom Modules
- Experience with Drupal Behaviors and Drupal Console
Nice to have qualifications/skills
- Angular Experience
- Twig/Frontend Experience
- js Experience
- Xdebug Experience
- PhpStorm experience
- VSCode experience
- Acquia Backend Certification is huge plus
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience with Entity API and module development best practices in Drupal 8.
- Experience with GitHub and Git command line.
- Experience utilizing SCSS based frameworks like gulp.js and compass.
- Experience with nvm, npm, nodejs. Ability to diagnose package conflicts.
- Experience with SSH command line and drush scripts.
- Experience with Angular.js, React, or Vue.js
- Experience with composer and docksal or similar platform.
- Experience with BaseField definitions and ContentEntity creation. Block and Form creation within custom modules.
- Have attention to detail and delight in creating polished and seamless digital experiences.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities, and mentor other developers.
- Can be flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive even when there are a lot of moving parts and prefer that over following rigid processes and guidelines.
- Believe that good application development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration.
- Have great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices while understanding other viewpoints and the need to find the best possible solution for everyone.
- Experience mentoring other developers and development teams and providing guidelines for development standards.
- Five or more years of experience in Drupal Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field.
- Relevant Front-End certifications a plus.